Call Profiler is a computer simulation model of call handling processes. It enables scenario modelling in order to:
- Test new call handling process and organisation structures
- Determine resource requirements
- Optimise resource profiles and test shift patterns
Call Profiler is designed to work seamlessly with the XIMES software. Optimal resource profiles developed in Call Profiler can be imported into XIMES to enable working time compliant shift patterns and rosters to be designed. These in turn can be tested in Call Profiler to see what service level would be achieved.
- Right first time implementation of change
- Efficiency savings by serving demand with fewer resources
- Improved customer service levels and call handling performance
- Overcomes the limitations of Erlang by modelling skills, abandonment and call prioritisation
Improving contact management in Avon and Somerset Constabulary
Process Evolution has supported the Force over many years to realise efficiency savings and performance gains in its contact management functions. In particular, the Force has moved to progressively multi-skill its workforce and design shift patterns that align resources, both full time part time, to when demand occurs.
“The real value of the project was discovering exactly how many staff we needed and having the evidence to back it up. As a result, we were able to persuade the Chief Officer group to sanction additional expenditure. Performance numbers tell me that we are answering 91% of calls within target waiting times – the analysis was spot on!” Martin Hull, Force Service Centre Manager