In order to cost effectively achieve service level standards in contact centres or incident response functions, resource needs to be aligned with demand. A shortfall in resource leads to longer waiting times whilst excess resource can mean cost that need not have been incurred. Process Evolution’s Forecaster software uses historical demand data to produce forecasts of future demand. It also links to workforce management systems in order to compare projected resource to that required to process demand in line with service standards. Planners and duty managers can use this information to inform resourcing decisions, such as use of overtime and management of abstraction. Forecaster supports short and medium term planning – answering questions such as:
- Have we got enough resources available to meet demand next week?
- Where might I find surplus resource in 2 weeks time to resource a planned operations?
- What level of agency support will I need over the next year to meet seasonal demand fluctuations?
Forecaster can also be used in conjunction with Facility Location Planner which identifies hotspots and emerging threats from incident (and crime) data in order to identify optimal patrol locations.
- Performance standards met
- Costs of over-resourcing eliminated
- Effectively anticipate and manage overtime and abstraction
Forecaster is currently being evaluated within emergency services organisations. Initial results show significant improvements in forecast accuracy over less sophisticated methods, with significant benefit to be obtained from improved resourcing decisions. If you would like to participate in the pilot programme please contact us via the details below.