Process Evolution works successfully in manufacturing and process industries to improve existing facilities and supply chains and to design new ones. Traditionally, the provision of analytical services and software solutions to industry has been based upon the supplier’s limited area of expertise, often the methodology or software product that their company markets. This can lead to a client’s business problem being shoe-horned into something that a product can solve when it’s not necessarily the most appropriate solution available. Process Evolution has invested in a suite of techniques including capacity analysis, capacity planning, production scheduling and simulation modelling. Our expertise in shift pattern and roster design also enables us to advise on the impact of working hours in both the design and operation of production facilities. We use these techniques to underpin our consulting services and to provide software solutions to our clients. Our combination of independence from individual software products, knowledge of lean principles and experience gained across several industries enables us to develop tailored solutions specific to clients’ needs and environments and which incorporate the latest decision support technologies.
XIMES helps AEC improve throughput
Aero Engine Controls worked with Process Evolution to help design new shift patterns for its Birmingham-based manufacturing sites. This provided a firm evidence-based foundation for discussing options with employees. Output in some production areas is now up by more than 10% since implementation of the new shift patterns.
“There were two main benefits of working with Process Evolution. First, they enabled the leadership team to understand with confidence how we could cover our business working hours requirements based on proven, deployed working patterns in other private and public sector organisations. Second, we asked PE to work with our trade union representatives so that they could understand in an objective way, the options for covering the new working hours requirements. In practice, this meant that PE consultants worked with the reps without the leadership teams involvement and this resulted in the reps getting to an understanding of the limits of what was and what was not possible, much more quickly and effectively than had we tried to work through working pattern options in negotiation.”Mike Moran
Our evidence-based consulting service
1. Scope: what needs to be done? We meet with stakeholders so that we can establish a single-team approach and a shared understanding of objectives, priorities and context. This is crystallised in the scoping report.
2. Baseline and diagnose: where are you now? We capture data from client systems and using our powerful analytical tools are able to show clients what is really happening rather than what they think is happening. With a baseline for current processes, performance and workload, we can clarify the rationale for change and identify areas of opportunity.
3. Model, evaluate & optimise: what are the options for handling demand? With our suite of modelling software, we can use our client data to run a series of accurate 'what-if?' scenarios. These allow you to determine the consequences and costs of, say, adjusting performance targets, the number and categories of vehicles and staff and changes in organisation structures - without the risk and cost of real-life experiments.
4. Report and recommend: what do you need to do?We work with our clients to agree the clear evidence-based options. They are then equipped to make sound decisions about how best to maximise performance and make savings.
5. Support implementation: how do you adapt? We continue to support clients throughout the implementation phase, helping to keep the programme on-track by monitoring the realisation of benefits, responding to real-world change and carrying out on-going analysis.
The software suite for industry
Transforming data held on operational systems into meaningful management information
Aligning assets and resources to where demand occurs
Design of working time compliant shift patterns that align resources to when demand occurs
Find out how you can achieve better performance and more savings from your next reorganisation
Telephone: 0845 603 6568
Process Evolution Limited
31 GreenBox Office Park