Response Halo is a Dynamic Cover Management Tool. It supports the emergency services to manage the cover provided in line with their overarching risk methodologies. For example, Fire and Rescue Services can
- Identify gaps in coverage
- improve routine decision making around standby moves
- Support decision making in abnormal conditions, such as
- Industrial action
- Major incident
- Staff non-availability
Response Halo links to operational systems to provide a live picture of current appliance status. Drive time rings (or ‘halos’) around each appliance show how far they can travel within specified times allowing for expected mobilising times. A calculation is updated dynamically showing how much ‘risk’ is covered within these times.
Response Halo enables effective dynamic cover management providing the following benefits:
- Reduces unnecessary standby moves, reducing call out costs and improving employee welfare
- Improves timeliness of response to those areas with highest risk
- Enables replay of previous circumstances for training and learning purposes
Fire and Rescue Services
Response Halo is currently being used in a Fire Control Room to provide a visualisation of current appliance status.