The following are all likely to be characteristics of an efficient service organisation with high levels of customer satisfaction:
- High utilisation of staff
- Short or zero waiting times for customers
- Non value-added activity minimised
- Serving customers with appropriately skilled staff
- Productive workforce
Process Evolution helps organisations to develop these characteristics by improving process design, optimising the allocation of resource and designing demand led, staff-friendly shift patterns that meet peaks and troughs in workload. We’ve integrated a suite of technologies that operate from a common set of data, much of which can be easily extracted from your operational systems. We can work with you on a consulting basis or equip you to implement our approach internally.
The management of forensic science contracts is handled by two teams – the West Coast Consortium (WCC) management team and the Home Office Forensic Marketplace management team. The Forensic Management Information Tool (FMIT) saves these teams time and money, whilst ensuring quality and value-for-money for police forces.
Helping manage the national forensic science marketplace
Timely provision of forensic evidence can be vital to the success of police forces’ criminal investigations. An increasing number of private companies now deliver such forensic science services under contract. Process Evolution were commissioned by the Home Office to provide a national management information solution to enable contracts to be effectively managed and to allow the Home Office team to monitor the overall forensic marketplace. The system allows contracts to be monitored to ensure that contracted service levels are met. It helps cost variances to be understood, thus ensuring services are priced correctly and police forces are receiving value for money at a time when they are under increasing financial pressures.
“A close working partnership has developed with Process Evolution whom I have found to be very knowledgeable, proactive, extremely flexible in approach and a joy to work with.” John Armstrong Head of the Home Office Forensic Marketplace Team, Home Office
Working together to evolve a national solution
Building a strong partnership with our client was critical in going through the careful process of creating from scratch a highly effective contract management tool. “The development of the Forensic Management Information Tool (FMIT) has not been easy but now that we have a working system in place it is difficult to see how we ever managed before. It has quickly become a very useful system indeed and paying dividends in helping manage the national forensic marketplace,” said John Armstrong.
Our evidence-based consulting service
1. Scope: what needs to be done? We meet with stakeholders so that we can establish a single-team approach and a shared understanding of objectives, priorities and context. This is crystallised in the scoping report.
2. Baseline and diagnose: where are you now? We capture data from client systems and using our powerful analytical tools are able to show clients what is really happening rather than what they think is happening. With a baseline for current processes, performance and workload, we can clarify the rationale for change and identify areas of opportunity.
3. Model, evaluate & optimise: what are the options for handling demand? With our suite of modelling software, we can use our client data to run a series of accurate 'what-if?' scenarios. These allow you to determine the consequences and costs of, say, adjusting performance targets, the number and categories of vehicles and staff and changes in organisation structures - without the risk and cost of real-life experiments.
4. Report and recommend: what do you need to do?We work with our clients to agree the clear evidence-based options. They are then equipped to make sound decisions about how best to maximise performance and make savings.
5. Support implementation: how do you adapt? We continue to support clients throughout the implementation phase, helping to keep the programme on-track by monitoring the realisation of benefits, responding to real-world change and carrying out on-going analysis.
The software suite for the service sector
Transforming data held on operational systems into meaningful management information
Aligning assets and resources to where demand occurs
Design of working time compliant shift patterns that align resources to when demand occurs