Evidence based change: consulting and software for the Police
Process Evolution helps UK police forces to increase public confidence and deliver efficiency savings by enabling them to deliver more, with less. We have developed a unique approach to meeting the challenges posed by time-dependent and volatile demand. We have applied our approach to everything from major Force reorganisations, incident response, call handling and custody to investigation, forensic science and CCTV.
RAMP is delivering the benefits from evidence based change to police forces across the country
Many reorganisations fail to deliver what is hoped for because they are too often based on gut instinct. In contrast, Process Evolution bring a rigorous scientific approach to the process of organisational change.
Using our RAMP evidence-based modelling software, our consultants help police forces manage strategic changes and achieve optimum performance without the costs of ‘trial and error’.
“RAMP ensures a systematic and scientific way of aligning resources to demand and providing sustainable services to the public.”
PEEL report highlights RAMP contribution
In support of implementation of the Force’s new Operating Model, Process Evolution configured RAMP to the key functions of Incident Response, Local Investigation and Neighbourhood Policing in order to determine the appropriate allocation of resource to support the new model. As well as helping to ensure successful implementation, the work identified potential to realise an additional £2m of annual efficiency savings. Avon and Somerset Constabulary has subsequently acquired the RAMP software and extended its scope across its operational processes.
Our evidence-based consulting service
We tailor our approach to individual clients and according to the sector that we are working in. Typically there are five key stages:
1. Scope: what needs to be done? We meet with stakeholders so that we can establish a single-team approach and a shared understanding of objectives, priorities and context. This is crystallised in the scoping report.
2. Baseline and diagnose: where are you now? We capture data from client systems and using our powerful analytical tools are able to show clients what is really happening rather than what they think is happening. With a baseline for current processes, performance and workload, we can clarify the rationale for change and identify areas of opportunity.
3. Model, evaluate & optimise: what are the options for handling demand? With our suite of modelling software, we can use our client data to run a series of accurate 'what-if?' scenarios. These allow you to determine the consequences and costs of, say, adjusting performance targets, the number and categories of vehicles and staff and changes in organisation structures - without the risk and cost of real-life experiments.
4. Report and recommend: what do you need to do?We work with our clients to agree the clear evidence-based options. They are then equipped to make sound decisions about how best to maximise performance and make savings.
5. Support implementation: how do you adapt? We continue to support clients throughout the implementation phase, helping to keep the programme on-track by monitoring the realisation of benefits, responding to real-world change and carrying out on-going analysis.
Our evidence-based software suite for Police
Transforming data held on operational systems into meaningful management information
Aligning assets and resources to where demand occurs
Design of working time compliant shift patterns that align resources to when demand occurs
More information & resources
Our Police Brochure
PEEL report for Avon & Somerset Police
Intelligent Shift Patterns article from Police Professional
Peter Loader, Director
Find out how you can achieve better performance and more savings from your next reorganisation
Contact: Peter Loader, Director
Tel: 0845 6036568
Enter your details here